HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Download and Manual Setup – Printing is an everyday activity in both homes and offices, and today people become dependable on such device to do other tasks as well including scanning and copying. If we are talking about printers, perhaps a famous HP becomes a good reference for it. It has a low price and good quality output so the device won’t disappoint you. Another benefit of using the printer is that it comes with user-friendly LCD and controls. That means any users can operate the printers without the help of an expert. However, it does not support NFC.
With the price around £47.00, the device offers more than satisfying output. It even supports the latest technology like wireless direct and ePrint. Also, the wireless connection is fast and reliable! Regarding appearance, the printer has a compact and appealing design. The dominant color is white, and it has a black color on the lid (feeder). The control panel is located on the left side, and it appears simple. You can see six buttons on the board, and each of them shows an icon that represents a distinct function.
The output tray is foldable, so you need to pull it down before using. When it is about the scanner lid, you can manage it quickly too. However, the device does not support documents that are too big and bulky. Fortunately, it works well with an app provided by HP Deskjet 2542 for your Android phones. That means you can scan to either Android tablet or phone without hassles. Also, at the back of the device, you might find a socket for USB connection. That doesn’t mean the printer only support cabled connection as you can take advantage of its wireless direct, too. When it comes to installation, you can use either the CD driver or setup file you get from this file. If you choose the second option, you need to follow this instruction:
Compatibility & System Requirements
Windows XP 32bit / Windows XP 64bit / Windows Vista 32bit / Windows Vista 64bit / Windows 7 32bit / Windows 7 64bit / Windows 8 32bit / Windows 8 64bit / Windows 8.1 /Linux / Mac OS
STEP 1: HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Installations Setup
- The first tip is using the setup file manually rather than using the CD driver directly. You can easily copy the contents of the CD to your computer first. That is because you will never know if the CD is dirty and the installation process will stop halfway. Therefore, you might want to copy the contents first before you start the installation process.
- The second tip is running the setup file as the administrator. This one is also quite important because some computers do not allow you to install some software or programs unless you are the administrator. Therefore, try to fix the driver as the administrator to minimize the problems.
- The third tip is making sure that you choose the proper path and the components that you want to install when the installation wizard appears. This one is quite important because you will be given the options to fix the HP Deskjet 2542 Driver as well as some other additional components. If you think the parts are needed, you need to install them. Otherwise, uncheck those extra components.
- The last tip is restarting your computer once all of those installation processes are completed. Even though you want to try using the printer as soon as possible, it is advisable for you to restart the computer first. It is because you need to make sure that the driver of the printer has been properly installed before you use the printer.
STEP 2: HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Installations Setup
- If you do not know how to install the latest version of the driver, then you can follow these simple steps below.
The first thing that you need to do is downloading the setup file that you will use to install the driver of this printer in your computer. For this one, you can quickly check on the version before you download the setup file. Or else, if you want to be surer, you can download the setup file that you need from the official website of HP.
- That is because you can find some setup file versions that you need and you need to download the latest version. Before you go to the next step, you have to uninstall the driver of this printer if you have one in your computer.
- After you have downloaded the setup file that you need, you need to run the setup file for the latest version of HP Deskjet 2542 Driver that you have downloaded. From there, you will be able to follow all of the instructions from the automatic installation wizard.
- Make sure you follow all of the commands that you can find on the installation wizard. After that, you need to wait for the installation process to takes time.
After sometimes of the installation process, your latest driver version will be installed on your computer, and you are ready to use the printer.
How to Install HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Manual Settings
- Turn on your computer system where you intend to set up the HP Deskjet 2542 Driver.
- Just attach the USB cable between computer and printer.
- Prepared application zip data to document place.
- Click the Beginning button and also “Printer.” You’ll get options like “Add Printer.” Click it.
- The next instruction will ask to mention where the Driver is located. Do it according to progress.
- Just answer the wizard options to set up the HP Deskjet 2542.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2542 Driver For Windows
- The first step, disconnect the printer cable, you can download the drivers on this site for your product.
- After the download is complete, the software for your product will explain how to set it up.
- Open the downloaded file, locate the checkbox. I Receive the terms of the license agreement and subsequent clicks.
- Click install, and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Connect your printer to work properly
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Use CD / DVD
- Turn on your computer where you want to set the HP Deskjet 2542 Driver printer
- Until unless you recommend connecting the USB cable to the computer system, please do not attach it.
- Download the settings document from the above link if you indeed have not downloaded it yet. Run the settings text as a manager. This triggers to start the installation wizard. Then follow the instructions to complete.
- At the time of implementation of this wizard, you must connect the USB cable between the HP Deskjet 2542 Driver printer and your computer system.
- So wait and plug it in when asking you to attach. It will positively identify the HP Deskjet 2542 Driver printer and proceed to the next step if everything works well.
- Enter a value for each step in the wizard and complete the installation.
- Your printer is now ready for use as a software application from the installed HP Deskjet 2542 Driver software program.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2542 Driver For Mac
- First, Download the drivers on this site, and run the file.
- Click Continue, you have approved the Software License Agreement by clicking Continue, then Agree
- Click Install, wait for the process to install.
- Install your driver is complete, then click close.
- Connect your printer to work correctly.
HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Downloads
|HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers|
|HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series Basic Driver|
|HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series/HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2540 All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update|
|HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers|